In addition to classroom instruction, Temple Beth-El provides a wide variety of programs through field trips, weekend retreats, family partnerships and a variety of holiday celebrations and special events to round out the educational experience.
Here are just a few examples of such programs:
- Monthly grade level Shir Shabbat services
- Yearly grade level family education programs (Family Partnerships) allow parents and children the opportunity to engage in hands-on learning highlighting one aspect of the curriculum
- Family High Holiday Services and family celebrations on Sukkot, Simchat Torah, and Purim.
- Yearly inter-generational retreat at OSRUI, the regional Reform movement camp
- Educational partnerships with CJE (Council for Jewish Elderly), Shalva, and Chicago Jewish Funerals
- Programs with local Jewish performers such as puppeteer, Marilyn Price, and storyteller Nancy Shapiro-Pikelny.